Glo Premier League: Leaders Sharks Shore Off Rivals | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Glo Premier League: Leaders Sharks Shore Off Rivals

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

Sharks retained their Glo Premier League top of the table berth after forcing Warri Wolves to a 1-1 draw on Sunday.

Gbolahan Salami converted a 21st minute penalty after the Super Eagles star was impeded in the box by Sharks keeper Danladi Isah.

Tayo Fabiyi leveled for the visitors on 56 minutes to extend the Port-Harcourt side’s unbeaten run to nine and as well open a three-point gap at the summit of the league standings.

Gbolahan Salami Scored a 26th Minute Penalty Against Rangers At the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium on Sunday.

Sharks now have 27 points from 15 matches.

The match between Enugu Rangers and Gombe United at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium was not spared of the controversy, as well as ending a six-goal thriller.

Home team striker Osaguona Ighodaro came up with a hat-trick in 16th, 39th and 60th minutes. His tally were cancelled out by Ibrahim Abdullahi, who pulled one back at 2-1 just before the break and ex-‘Flying Antelopes’, Adamu Mohammed, scoring twice in the last 30 minutes to tie the game at 3-3.

A personal aide of coach John Obuh attacked the referee after Gombe drew level at 2-2, while fans anger was directed at former Flying Eagles coach Obuh after the hosts failed to record all three points.

Gombe goalkeeper Ahmed Yusuf was also rushed to hospital after a head-on collision with Rangers striker Osagona.

In Jos, Giwa FC, thumped Kaduna United by 4-0. Shuaibu Ibrahim headlined for the ‘Elephants’ with three goals in 65 minutes. Charles Okoro completed scoring for the home team.Match Day 15 Results

Kano Pillars 2-1 El-Kanemi Warriors

Sunshine Stars 1-0 Nasarawa United

Enyimba 3-0 Nembe City

Warri Wolves 1-1 Sharks

Akwa United 1-0 Lobi Stars

FC Taraba 1-0 Heartland

Abia Warriors 3-0 Crown FC

Giwa FC 4-0 Kaduna United

Rangers 3-3 Gombe United

Advertisements

Flying Eagles to Face Lesotho in AYC Qualifier | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Flying Eagles to Face Lesotho in AYC Qualifier

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

Nigerias Flying Eagles have been pitted against Lesotho in the third and final qualifying round of the African Youth Championship (AYC) qualifiers.

The 6-time champions now face Lesotho in August, after the Southern African nation eliminated Angola.

Lesotho beat hosts Angola 1-0 on Sunday, in the wake of a previous 3-1 win a fortnight ago, to complete a 4-1 aggregate victory.

Nigerias Flying Eagles Will Play Lesotho in the Third Round of AYC Qualifiers.

The Eagles sealed a 4-1 aggregate win over Tanzania on Saturday at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna.

Nigeria hosts the first leg of the third round qualifier on August 16, while the return leg comes up a fortnight later.

The overall winner moves into the group stage of the 2015 AYC, to be hosted by Senegal in March.

Six Suitors Awaits Keshi Post-World Cup- Report | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Six Suitors Awaits Keshi Post-World Cup- Report

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has revealed he is touted by about six other countries.

The 52-year-old former Mali and Togo boss future after the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil is not clear, but the former Green Eagles skipper says he is bent on leading Nigeria to a successful campaign in next months tournament.

Keshi says: Six countries are calling on me, so Nigeria will not be the last country for me to coach.

Stephen Keshi Says the Super Eagles Will Not Be His Last Job.

South Africa are reportedly keen on landing the Nigerian coach, who led the national team to its third African Cup of Nations (Afcon) triumph in South Africa last year.

Nigeria will make its fifth World Cup appearance in Brazil, beginning with group games against Iran, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Argentina.

Read Detailed Report Here!

Eagles Arrive London Base, Begins Build-Up for Wednesday’s Friendly | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Eagles Arrive London Base, Begins Build-Up for Wednesdays Friendly

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

World Cup 2014-bound Super Eagles team will have their first training session on Monday evening ahead of their May 28 friendly match against Scotland.

Fourteen players from the 30-man training squad, led by coach Stephen Keshi, made the trip from the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja, to the Heathrow Airport in London on Sunday afternoon (arrival time at exactly 2:15pm BST).

Secretary General of the team Dayo Enebi Achor and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) friendly games Consultant Jairo Panchon were on ground to welcome the delegation.

Super Eagles Begins Training for Scotland.

Nine foreign-based stars joined the invited players from the domestic league. Chigozie Agbim, Daniel Akpeyi, Kunle Odunlami, Ejike Uzoenyi and Azubuike Egwuekwe were the remaining five home-based players.

Ogenyi Onazi, Victor Obinna Nsofor, Ahmed Musa- who buried his grandma over the weekend in Edo- Michael Uchebo, Godfrey Obaobona, Gabriel Reuben, Juwon Oshaniwa, Efe Ambrose and Sunday Mba joined the home-based players on board.

The Eagles are putting up at the Hilton Cobhams Hotel in London.

Michael Babatunde was already waiting at the teams hotel while Emmanuel Emenike and Ramon Azeez were the latest to arrive the teams base on Sunday.

All other players were expected to link up with the team by dinner time on Sunday.

Wednesdays Friendly game is billed for Fulhams Craven Cottage home ground.

Vitali Klitschko Becomes Mayor of Kiev- Ukraine Media Report | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Vitali Klitschko Becomes Mayor of Kiev- Ukraine Media Report

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

Ukraine media have reported that former world heavyweight champion Vitali Klitscko has been elected Mayor of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine.

Official results are yet to be made available, but the call is believed to be based on exit polls where Vitali has an overwhelming lead over seven other candidates.

Klitschko was one of the leaders in the Euromaidan protests that brought down the reign of former Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovych.

Vitali Klitschko is the New Mayor of Kiev, According to Reports from Ukraine.

He was, at one time, a candidate for president himself, but later withdrew and announced his support for Petro Poroshenko.

This is the third time Klitschko has run for office after previous bids in 2006 and 2008.

Kiev is the 8th largest city in Europe with a population of 2,847, 200.

Culled from FightNews

Liverpool Coach Signs new deal | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Liverpool Coach Signs new deal

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 26, 2014

Rodger§

Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool, the club have confirmed.

Rodgers, who was widely praised for leading the Reds to the brink of a first league title in 24 years last season, had been due to enter the final year of his contract this summer.

But the northern Irishman revealed that he would hold talks with the club over an extension at the end of the campaign and Liverpool have moved swiftly to tie him down for the long term.

I am both humbled and privileged to be offered the chance to extend my stay at this great club. I am very happy to build on the foundations we have built over the last two years and now we move onto the next phase which I believe will be as exciting, challenging and rewarding, Rodgers told the clubs official website.

I would like to place on record my thanks to the players and staff, who have been absolutely brilliant for me since the day I started at this great football club. I am grateful to our owners and senior management team who have supported me and who share my vision of how we can progress on the field.

Finally, I must thank the supporters who are at the heart of everything we do here. I am honoured every day to lead this team and I thank the fans for their continued support as together we strive to bring  success back to Liverpool Football Club.

Liverpool owner John W. Henry and chairman Tom Werner added: We are very fortunate to have a hugely talented individual leading our football performance and in whom we place our trust to deliver the vision we share for Liverpool Football Club.

Brendan is at the heart of what we, as an ownership group, are trying to achieve on the pitch. This season has reaffirmed everyones belief that we can bring football success to Liverpool and we are all committed to working together to achieve that.

Players and supporters have made it clear how important Brendan is to our success and so to have him commit to us for the long term is a great boost for everyone going forward.{GOAL}

Tottenham eye Pochettino as new Manager | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Tottenham eye Pochettino as new Manager

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 26, 2014

Pochettino

Tottenham are determined to conclude a deal to make Southampton boss MauricioPochettino their new manager by the end of the week, according to Sky Sports News’ Jim White.

The 42-year-old Argentinian has emerged as chairman Daniel Levy’s principal target and is considered to have been his preferred choice sinceTim Sherwood was sacked after the final game of the season on May 13.

Spurs have looked at other targets, most notably the Holland head coach Louis van Gaal prior to his appointment at Manchester United, as well as the current Ajax boss Frank de Boer.

But it appears they have been most impressed with former Espanyol head coach Pochettino, and business is now underway to confirm him as Levy’s 10th manager since taking control of White Hart Lane in 2001.

Pochettino, installed as Southamptonboss in January 2013, has been hailed for having masterminded their rise from the bottom-six of Premier League to candidates for European qualification this season.

He has also been heralded with significantly aiding the development of England internationals Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriquez, as well assuccessfully integrating Saints academy players Calum Chambers and Sean Gallagher into the first- team.

This is what Tottenham want. The clubs aim is for their next manager to get the best from a squad that had over £100millon-worth of investment lastsummer and also see a number of encouraging youth players graduated into the first-team.

Pochettino, who has one-year left on hiscontract at St Mary’s, described the conclusion of Southampton’s season as “the end of a project” but Southamptonhave been determined themselves to get their manager to sign a new deal.

Saints midfielder James Ward-Prowse recently stated it would be a “major blow” to lose their manager. “All the players love him,” he said. “he has helped me technically and physically and is a fantastic manager.”

Striker Rodriguez also said recently: “Heis unbelievable. I love playing under him.{SSN}

Rio Ferdinand considering reunion with mentor Harry Redknapp at QPR | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Rio Ferdinand considering reunion with mentor Harry Redknapp at QPR

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 26, 2014

Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand is seriously considering a move to Queens Park Rangers, with the 35-year-old a free agent after being released by Manchester United.

Ferdinand is attracted to working again under Harry Redknapp, who gave him his senior debut in 1996 when the QPR manager was in charge of West HamUnited. The central defender, who spent 12 years at Old Trafford following his record £30m transfer from Leeds United in the summer of 2002, is a huge admirer of Redknapp, considering him a mentor during the formative years of his highly successful career.

Ferdinand has learned to manage the back problem that threatened to force him into early retirement a couple of seasons ago and is minded to play on at the highest level should the right opportunity present itself, saying recently: “I’m feeling fit and healthy,ready for a new challenge, and looking forward to whatever the future holds for me.”

With QPR once more in the Premier League after Saturday’s 1-0 Championship play-off final victoryagainst Derby County, and the Peckham-born defender keen to relocate back to the capital with his family, the west London club could prove ideal.

Redknapp believes Ferdinand would be a key asset in the challenge of ensuring QPR are not relegated straight back down. The club did so under his management at the end of the 2012-13 campaign, though the 67-year-old had taken over that season from the sacked Mark Hughes, who handed over ateam that was in bottom place after 13 games, seven points from safety.{Guardian}

Schurrle: ” Hazard will stay at Chelsea “ | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Schurrle: Hazard will stay at Chelsea

Posted by: @femi4arsenal on May 26, 2014

Hazard

The Belgian winger has been linked with a big-money move to Paris Saint-Germain but his team-mate expects the 23-year-old to still be at Stamford Bridge next season

Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle believes Eden Hazard will remain at Stamford Bridge despite receiving public criticism from manager Jose Mourinho.

Hazard heads to the World Cup with Belgium on the back of a fine season at club level, yet his future has been the subject of speculation.

After the Stamford Bridge club exited the Champions League to Atletico Madrid at the semi-final stage, the 23-year-old appeared to question the tactics of manager Mourinho, who subsequently suggested Hazard was not the kind of player ready to sacrifice himself 100 per cent for the team.

French champions Paris Saint-Germain have been linked with a move for Hazard, with coach Laurent Blanc openly airing his admiration for the forward.

Yet Schurrle, who has just completed his first season at Stamford Bridge, expects to play alongside Hazard again next term.

The manager and the club know that Eden Hazard is a very talented and good player. I think we should not overestimate these things, said Schurrle in a press conference held at Germanys training camp ahead of the World Cup.

Of course statements were published, but I believe Eden is very happy to be with Chelsea and Mourinho is happy to have him. Next season everything will be all right again.

Asked for his thoughts on Mourinho, the German replied: I admire his attitude and his way of thinking. Its all about winning. He wants to win every game.

He regards every title and every victory as a matter of course, no matter whos the opponent.

I admire his will. Ive never experienced something like this before. His greed for success is impressive.{GOAL}

Italy Boss Prandelli Signs Two-Year Contract Extension | INFORMATION NIGERIA

Italy Boss Prandelli Signs Two-Year Contract Extension

Posted by: Omaku Cephas on May 26, 2014

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli has signed a two-year contract extension to remain as the Azzurris boss.

The 56-year-old succeeded Marcello Lippi following Italys shock exit from the group stages of the the 2010 Fifa World Cup.

He made an immediate impact, leading his country to the final of Uefa Euro 2012.

Iitaly Boss Extends His Contract Until 2016.

The four-time champions are in Group D of next months tournament, alongside Uruguay, Costa Rica and England.

Prandellis new deal will take him through to the 2016 European Championship in France.